Teruko Sampson Memorial Scholarship - Freshman Dance
The Teruko Sampson Memorial Scholarship was established by the Brookhaven Campus along with her family and friends to assist students attending the Brookhaven Campus with tuition, book and fees. Teruko Sampson was a dance student at the Brookhaven Campus until her sudden death in 1990. The Teruko Sampson Memorial Scholarship Freshman Dance award was established for freshman students attending the Brookhaven Campus majoring in dance in all of its myriad forms. Students must demonstrate talent and a commitment to dance theory, technique and evidence of potential development.
- Must be a Dallas College Freshman student attending the Brookhaven Campus during the period of the award.
- Must be a declared Dance major enrolled in Dance class(es) for the duration of the scholarship that culminates with the awarding of an Associate of Arts degree
- Must be enrolled in 6 or more credit hours for each semester
- Must answer the supplemental question below in 250-500 words:
Please share your statement of purpose and educational goals and include how you plan to integrate dance to develop and strengthen your overall career goal.
Must submit file upload featuring an accumulation of five-minutes of dance performance.
This scholarship is awarded each Fall and Spring semester. You must reapply each semester.
- $200 must reapply for each semester
- 01-Brookhaven Campus, Dance, 21-International
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a Dance major or have a declared interest in Dance?
- Share your statement of purpose and educational goals and include how you plan to integrate dance to develop and strengthen your overall career goal.
- Please provide a copy of your audition video file of your performance. Maximum video time is 2 minutes.