Erick Trujillo Study Abroad and Field Study Scholarship
The Erick Trujillo Study Abroad and Field Study Scholarship was set up in 2017 by Erick’s husband, Russell Simmons, in memory of Erick and Erick’s love of life, travel, music, art, and adventure. Erick was a student at both the DCCCD and the University of Texas at Arlington, where he was a marketing major.
Must be enrolled in a study abroad or field study opportunity
- Must be a Dallas College student
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in good academic standing
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must have completed at least 12 credit hours at Dallas College
- Must meet federal guidelines for financial needs. Applicants must complete the entire FAFSA process by May 1st.
- Recipient must attend a luncheon with the donor to share the study abroad/field study experience.
- * To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.*
- $2,500 Summer only
- 08-Dallas College (Every campus), Study Abroad
- Supplemental Questions
- Why do you want to pursue a study abroad or field study experience at Dallas College and how will this scholarship help you achieve a study abroad or field study experience?
- Are you enrolled or will you be enrolled in a Dallas College sponsored Study Abroad or Field Study program?
- Provide the course name, date, and destination of the trip you are taking with a Dallas College sponsored Study Abroad or Field Study program.
- Course Name
- Date of Trip
- For verification of Study Abroad eligibility, provide the name and email address of the Dallas College faculty member sponsor of the study abroad trip you are participating in.