Dallas College Sustainability Scholarship
Dallas College’s Sustainability Scholarship was established in 2011 to assist a deserving student attending Dallas College pursuing studies in sustainability-related or -focused degrees or certificates.
Sustainability is defined as “development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” Building a sustainable community requires effort from like-minded citizens to make a positive impact on their environment by making wise choices about clean energy, recycling, waste reduction, and environmentally conscious design. It is a continuous process of growth, adaptation, and improvement.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must be pursuing studies in sustainability-related or -focused degree or certificate
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours at Dallas College before the period of the award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must answer the supplemental questions
- To qualify for this scholarship, you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- $500 Fall/Spring
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 01-Brookhaven Campus, 02-Cedar Valley Campus, 03-Eastfield Campus, 04-El Centro Campus, 05-Mountain View Campus, 06-North Lake Campus, 07-Richland Campus, 08-Dallas College (Every campus), 21-International /DACA, Clean Energy, Sustainable
- Supplemental Questions
- What led you to choose the program in sustainable studies? What can you do to make your community more sustainable? Identify a current environmental issue that impacts you and what would be your response. How will this scholarship assist you in achieving your educational goals?
- Provide names and email addresses for two recommendations from a faculty member or counselor. To ensure your recommendation request is received by Dallas College faculty you MUST use their new @DallasCollege.edu email address.
- Provide name and email address for 1st recommendation.
- Provide name and email address for 2nd recommendation.