John M. Thorne Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The John M. Thorne Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established in 2003 in memory and honor of John Thorne, Accounting Professor at the Eastfield Campus. The scholarship provides financial support to business majors attending the Eastfield Campus. Recipients must be active in contributing to college activities or community service volunteerism.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Major in Business
- Must be actively involved in volunteering at the college or in the community
- Must be a student attending the Eastfield Campus during the award period.
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Dallas College before the period of the award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Essay Required
To qualify for this scholarship, you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.