Chefs for Farmers/Randall Copeland Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The Chefs for Farmers/Randall Copeland Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established in 2017 by the El Centro Campus Food and Hospitality Institute to honor the memory of Randall Copeland who passed away peacefully in his sleep at the age of 39 on April 2, 2013. Chef Randall attended the El Centro Campus prior to opening Restaurant Ava in Rockwall and Boulevardier in Oak Cliff’s Bishop Arts District. Nicknamed “Big Cat”, he was well-loved throughout the chef community and was always the life of the party. His irrepressible and playful spirit combined with his soulful cooking is indelibly etched into the culinary DNA of our community. The scholarship supports students in the Food and Hospitality Institute at the El Centro Campus.
*Eligibility Criteria *
- Must be a student attending the El Centro Campus during the period of the award.
- Must be enrolled in the Food & Hospitality Institute at the El Centro Campus
- Must have a degree plan on file at the El Centro Campus
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Major in Culinary Arts, Bakery Pastry or Food & Hospitality Management.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours prior to the period of the award
- Must provide a name and email address for a letter of recommendation from a Dallas College Food and Hospitality Institute faculty member.
- Must answer the supplemental question –
What are your educational and career goals and how will this scholarship help you achieve them?
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.*
- $500 Fall/Spring
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 04-El Centro Campus, 21-International /DACA, Food & Hospitality
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your educational and career goals and how will this scholarship help you achieve them?
- Provide name and email address for a recommendation from a Dallas College Food and Hospitality Institute faculty member. To ensure your recommendation request is received by Dallas College faculty you MUST use their new @DallasCollege.edu email address.