Don A. Perry Automotive Scholarship
The Don A. Perry Automotive Scholarship was established in 2019 in memory of Don Perry by his family. Don Perry dedicated 31 years to Dallas College, overseeing career and technical programs and as executive director for compliance and policy formation. His main role was to ensure Dallas College complied with the educational policies and guidelines put into effect by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This scholarship will continue Don Perry’s legacy of service by providing financial support and encouragement to students aspiring to achieve a Certification, Associate Degree, or greater in a Dallas College Automotive Program.
- Major in Automotive Technology
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must have completed between 3 – 45 hours before the period of the award
- Essay required
To qualify for this scholarship, you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.
This scholarship is awarded each Fall and Spring semesters. You must reapply each semester.
- $1,000 must reapply for each semester.
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 01-Brookhaven Campus, 02-Cedar Valley Campus, 03-Eastfield Campus, 21-International /DACA, Automotive