Community Services of Drs Hospital, Inc. Allied Health Scholarship
The Community Services of Doctors Hospital Allied Health Scholarship was established in 2017 by the Community Services of Doctors Hospital, Inc., a Texas non-profit corporation, incorporated and sponsored by Doctors Hospital of Dallas in December 1986. This scholarship will provide financial assistance to those students attending the El Centro Campus and the Richland Campus majoring in allied health programs (Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Nursing, and Pharmacy). The scholarship is renewable for one year (three consecutive semesters) and will assist with books, tuition, and other program expenses needed for students to be successful in the program.
- Major in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Nursing or Pharmacy
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be accepted into the Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology or Nursing program at the El Centro Campus or the Pharmacy program at the Richland Campus
- Must be a student attending the El Centro Campus or Richland Campus during the period of the award.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must meet federal guidelines for financial need. Applicants must complete the entire FAFSA process by May 1st.
- Scholarship is open to everyone, however, preference will be given to applicants that live in zip codes 75040-75043,75126,75149-75150,75181-75182,75206,75214-75218,75223,75227-75228,75231,75238,75243 so long as such preference does not significantly detract from Dallas College’s nondiscriminatory policies
- Must answer the supplemental questions below
This scholarship is awarded for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters for two years (6 semesters). To receive the subsequent semester awards, you must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- * To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.*
- $600 Fall/Spring/Summer
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 04-El Centro Campus, 07-Richland Campus, Health Professions, Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been accepted into the Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology or Nursing program at the El Centro Campus or the Pharmacy program at the Richland Campus?
- Provide a copy of your acceptance letter to this program.
- Why did you choose this major?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals as it pertains to your major?