Level Up Scholarship
The Level UP Scholarship was established in 2016 to support students with financial needs attending Dallas College. The scholarship is open to all Dallas County residents 21 years of age or older who demonstrate financial need, regardless of educational background. It will provide a last-dollar scholarship equal to the cost of tuition and books not covered by a Pell grant or other financial aid for those who enroll in fast-track, high-demand Promise Pathway programs and agree to complete mentorship requirements each semester. Current labor market information will guide which programs are included as Promise Pathways so that scholarship recipients will be able to enter the job market immediately upon completion.
- Must have a minimum Dallas College GPA of 2.5
- Major in Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Accounting, Computer Information Technology, Construction, Electrical Technology, Electrical Engineering, Emergency Medical Technology, Logistics Technology, Retail Management, Medical Front Office, Multimedia Technology, Veterinary Technology, Welding Technology, Early Childhood
- Must be a Dallas College student
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must meet federal guidelines for financial needs. Applicants must complete the entire FAFSA process by May 1st.
- Must be a Dallas County resident 21 years of age or older
- Must be enrolled in a “Promise Pathway” (See the list of majors above)
- Scholarship is open to everyone; however, preference will be given to veteran applicants so long as such preference does not significantly detract from Dallas College’s non-discriminatory policies
- Recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA each semester
- Recipient must communicate with a mentor a minimum of two times per semester
- Recipient must complete degree/certificate program in 24 months
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the scholarship for subsequent semesters. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.*
- * To qualify for this scholarship, you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.*
- $1000 per fall & spring semesters
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 08-Dallas College (Any campus location), Accounting, Business, Child Development, Computer Information Technology, Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Veterinary, Welding