Kim Holley Memorial Scholarship
The Kim Holley Memorial Scholarship was established in 2000 in memory of Kim Holley, a valued, respected Richland Campus student and employee. Starting as a student assistant, Kim progressed through a number of professional career steps at the Richland Campus culminating in her service as Executive Secretary to the President. Whether the person at her desk or on the phone was a student, staff member, College official, or community visitor, Kim was always gracious, understanding, and ready to serve. Even while at work during the final stages of her illness, she was always admired for her dedication to the Richland Campus, commitment to work, perseverance, positive attitude, resilience, and concern for others. Having been recognized as Outstanding Employee of the Month in November 1991 and being nominated for Professional Support Staff Employee of the Year in 2000, she tirelessly served the Richland Campus and the Professional Support Staff Association, contributing her creative talents to the association’s fundraising efforts. Kim also generously served the community through countless hours of volunteer work in the community. Honoring her legacy at the Richland Campus, this scholarship is to be awarded to deserving students who personify her love of learning, dedicated work ethic, and sense of service.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must be a student attending the Richland Campus during the period of the award.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the period of the award
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours at Dallas College prior to the period of the award
- Must meet federal guidelines for financial needs. Applicants must complete the entire FAFSA process by May 1st.
- Must answer the supplemental question –
Why are you interested in pursuing a college career? Include a five-to-ten-year vision of your life and how college will help you achieve that vision.
Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
To qualify for this scholarship, you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.