Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS) Accounting Scholarship
The Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS) places a strong emphasis on supporting education and, in particular, education related to accounting in the oil and gas industry. The COPAS scholarship is awarded to Brookhaven Campus students who are seeking a career in accounting and potentially the energy industry.
- Must have a minimum Dallas College GPA of 3.0
- Major in Accounting
- Must be a student attending the Brookhaven Campus during the period of the award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours at Dallas College prior to the period of the award
- Must have completed Principles of Accounting I
- Must answer the supplemental questions below
- Must complete at least 6 hours of college-level credits each semester
- Must include one recommendation from a Dallas College faculty or staff member or an energy industry person
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.