Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS) Accounting Scholarship
The Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS) places a strong emphasis on supporting education and, in particular, education related to accounting in the oil and gas industry. The COPAS scholarship is awarded to Brookhaven Campus students who are seeking a career in accounting and potentially the energy industry.
- Must have a minimum Dallas College GPA of 3.0
- Major in Accounting
- Must be a student attending the Brookhaven Campus during the period of the award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours at Dallas College prior to the period of the award
- Must have completed Principles of Accounting I
- Must answer the supplemental questions below
- Must complete at least 6 hours of college-level credits each semester
- Must include one recommendation from a Dallas College faculty or staff member or an energy industry person
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- $500 Fall and $500 Spring
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 01-Brookhaven Campus, 21-International /DACA, Accounting
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you completed Principles of Accounting I?
- Please describe yourself such as your work/school history, awards or honors you have received, and contact or work experience within the energy industry, if possible.
- Why are you interested in the energy field?
- What future career direction are you considering?
- Provide name and email address for a recommendation from a Dallas College faculty or staff member, or an energy industry person.