Gayle Weaver Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The Gayle Weaver Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established in 2000 by the Eastfield Campus in memory of Dr. Gayle Weaver, who taught biology for over 30 years and was a valued employee of the Eastfield Campus. Dr. Weaver inspired students to see beyond the obvious, hear with a keen awareness, feel with compassion and act with an understanding that the world in which we live is “more wonderful than it is convenient, more beautiful than it is useful and is more to be admired and enjoyed than used.” (quote by Henry David Thoreau).
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Major in Biology
- Must be a student attending the Eastfield Campus during the period of the award
- Scholarship is open to all students, however, preference will be given to students taking field science courses so long as such preference does not significantly detract from Dallas College’s non-discriminatory policies
- Must be a student with a sincere interest in Science
- Must have completed a minimum of 8 credit hours at Dallas College prior to the period of the award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 credit hours for the period of the award
- Essay Required
- Recommendation Required
- To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.