Lee Caropresi Guitar Endowed Scholarship
The Lee Caropresi Guitar Endowed Scholarship was established to honor Lee Caropresi, a former Eastfield Campus student and an accomplished guitarist, composer, vocalist, and performer. Lee was a devoted husband, father, son and friend. He loved many genres of music, including rock’’n roll, jazz, classical, and blues. He served as the Director of Music at the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection in Dallas where he led the congregation in contemporary and traditional music. Lee recorded two CD’s with his band, The Touch. He loved the guitar and participated in an Eastfield Guitar Study Abroad Program in Spain. Lee understood that musicians must follow their hearts desires and develop their talents. This scholarship is offered to assist guitarists in pursuing their dreams and reaching their goals.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Major in Music
- Must be a student attending the Eastfield Campus during the period of the award.
- Must be enrolled in one of the following guitar courses: MUEN 1134, Guitar Ensemble, MUAP 1161 or 2261, Guitar Private Lesson, MUSI 1370 Guitar Literature, or equivalent courses
- General Application Essay Required
- General Application Recommendation Required from your guitar or music instructor
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.