Charley A. "Chuck" Shaw Memorial Scholarship
The Charley A. “Chuck” Shaw Memorial Scholarship was established to memorialize and celebrate the life of Chuck Shaw, who unexpectedly passed away in March 2011, from terminal brain cancer. Chuck, a Baylor Pharmacist for 40 years, was the husband of Melanie Gill-Shaw (18- year Dallas College employee). He supported community college education and taught pharmacy classes in the district. As a University of Texas Pharmacy School graduate, he worked long and hard in the field of pharmacy; never forgetting lives were in his hands every day. He was passionate about science and doing the best one can do at their chosen profession. The family desires to continue his legacy of excellence by helping a young man or woman seeking a medical profession, especially in pharmacy, pharmaceuticals, or related research.
- Must have a minimum Dallas College GPA of 3.0
- Major in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Pharmacy
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with no criminal record
- Must demonstrate persistence toward a degree by showing science and mathematics course work that supports the degree, continual attendance in school (no dropouts) or slow paced endeavors, and limited course withdrawals
- Must exhibit maturity and good work and study habits
- Essay Required
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- $500 Fall and $500 Spring
- 03-Eastfield Campus, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Pharmacy, Science, Technology