John Stewart Fine Arts Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The John Stewart Fine Arts Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established in 1999 in memory of Dr. John Stewart, professor and Dean of Arts and Letters at the Eastfield Campus. Dr. Stewart’s greatest joy came when he was able to witness a student’s discovery of full life through the unique experiences found in the Arts. He believed not only in the beauties and disciplines of the Arts; but was convinced that we become better persons by our participation in and understanding of theater, painting, dance and/or music.
- Major in Fine Arts or Performing Arts
- Must be a student attending the Eastfield Campus during the period of the award.
- Scholarship is open to all students, however, preference will be given to music students so long as such preference does not significantly detract from Dallas College’s nondiscriminatory policies
- Must demonstrate artistic merit
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for the period of the award
- Essay Required
- Must include one recommendation from a mentor or Dallas College faculty or staff member
- * To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.*
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.