Ellwood Blackman Memorial Scholarship
The Ellwood Wayne Blackman Memorial Scholarship was established in 2004 by his family to assist Fashion Design, Visual Art and Drama students attending the El Centro Campus. This scholarship pays tribute to the former employee and outstanding El Centro Campus alumnus and friend. Ellwood was a gifted artist who loved to share his talents with others. He was warm, caring, and an exceptional artist who had an open-door policy with students and believed in the personal touch when it came to assistance. Ellwood’s wit, wisdom, and creativity will be greatly missed.
- Major in Fashion Design, Visual Arts, or Drama
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be a student attending the El Centro Campus during the period of the award
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours at Dallas College prior to the period of the award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- * To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.*