Bob Cheney History Scholarship
The Bob Cheney History Scholarship was established in memory of Bob Cheney, a valued and respected college professor and life-long learner committed to student success and community building throughout his 38-year career of teaching history at Dallas high schools and the El Centro Campus. He had a passion for teaching students about events, people and landmarks of the past. Bob was one of the first professors who taught history at the college. He had a special way of making the course relevant and exciting to students. He was known for his humor and commitment to excellence for which he won El Centro Teacher of the Year. Bob’s love of life was illustrated in his motto: Every day is a “gift.”
- Major in History
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must be enrolled in 12 credit hours during the period of the award.
- Must be a student attending the El Centro Campus during the period of the award.
- Must meet the Dallas County residential requirements for tuition
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Dallas College prior to the period of the award
- Essay Required
- Reference/Recommendation Required
To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- $300 Fall/Spring
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 04-El Centro Campus, History