James Goering Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The James Goering Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established in 1998 by the El Centro Campus in honor of Jim Goering, a long-time instructor in the Food and Hospitality Institute. Jim was the founder of the annual Dallas Chefs Apprentice Dinner held in February to raise money for the Werner Vogeli Endowment.
- Major in Food & Hospitality Service, Food & Hospitality Management, Bakery/Pastry
- Must be enrolled in the FHI Program at the El Centro Campus
- Must have a minimum Dallas College GPA of 2.0
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Essay Required
- Must provide name and email address for a recommendation from a Dallas College faculty or staff member, current employer, community leader, or school counselor, adviser, or teacher.
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- * To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.*