Minnie K. Patton Scholarship
The Minnie K. Patton Scholarship was established in 1985 by Minnie Patton, one of seven children who grew up impoverished in Oklahoma and could not afford formal education. When she married James Patton, a Dallas oilman, she established this scholarship to ensure that others would not be denied an educational opportunity because of financial barriers.
- Must be a Dallas College student attending full-time.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must have financial need.
- Must meet federal guidelines for financial need. Applicants must complete the entire FAFSA process by May 1st.
- Applicant and/or applicant’s spouse must not be employed by Bank of America, Bank of America Corporation or any of its subsidiaries.
To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.