Dr. Gwendolyn L. Hester Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The Dr. Gwendolyn Lynette Hester Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established in 2020 in memory of Dr. Gwendolyn L. Hester, a Richland Campus faculty member from 1984 until the time of her passing in November 2019.
Gwen was a dedicated professor in the School of Business/Business Office Systems and Support, and was passionate about the success of her students. She touched the lives of thousands of students throughout her career. She lived her life filled with love for family, friends and her Richland Campus family, travel, music, history, pursuit of educational excellence, and a deep affection for her students and a commitment to their success. Dr. Hester was keenly aware of the challenges students faced in completing their educational goals. Everyone who was touched by her is an heir to her legacy.
- Must be a Dallas College student
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Essay Required
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- * To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.*
- $250 Fall/Spring
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 01-Brookhaven Campus, 02-Cedar Valley Campus, 03-Eastfield Campus, 04-El Centro Campus, 05-Mountain View Campus, 06-North Lake Campus, 07-Richland Campus, 08-Dallas College (Every campus), 21-International /DACA