Fran Potter Memorial Scholarship
The Fran Potter Memorial Scholarship was established in 2010 to assist Fashion Design, Visual Art and Drama students attending the El Centro Campus. This scholarship pays tribute to an outstanding El Centro Faculty member, friend, and colleague. Fran Potter worked with El Centro Campus for thirty years (1970-2000). Fran served as the Program Coordinator for the Fashion Design program for more than twenty years. Fran’s students called her inspirational, passionate and visionary. She served as a “clearing house” for her students to position them with the best employer to match their skills and talents. She encouraged her students to create their best. Fran produced award-winning students in local, regional and state Fashion competitions. Prior to joining El Centro as a faculty member Fran was a well-known fashion designer with leading manufacturers in the Dallas market. Fran Potter was a visual artist noted for her creativity.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Major in Fashion Design, Visual Arts, or Theatrical Costume Design
- Must be a student attending the El Centro Campus during the period of the award
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours at Dallas College prior to the period of the award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Recommendation required on general application
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.