Carolyn Parker Pottery Scholarship
The Carolyn Parker Pottery Scholarship was established in 2011 by Carolyn Parker to encourage students to study and experience ceramics at the Richland Campus. This scholarship will emphasize the importance of ceramics at the Richland Campus, foster enthusiasm for ceramics, encourage the continuing study of ceramics, especially by women, and recognize exceptional students.
- Must be a student attending the Richland Campus during the period of the award.
- Must be enrolled in Ceramics I, Ceramics II, or Advanced Ceramics at the Richland Campus and planning to continue Ceramics at the Richland Campus.
- Must show creativity and skills in ceramics
- Scholarship is open to everyone, however, preference will be given to female applicants so long as such preference does not significantly detract from Dallas College’s non-discriminatory policies
- Must inspire and encourage other students
- Must share your knowledge and techniques with other students
- Must demonstrate good stewardship of the studio.
- Must fall within the 16-34 age group or the 35 or older age group. (Richland Collegiate High School Students and Emeritus students who are 65 or older are NOT eligible for this award as long as free tuition is available through other programs for those two groups.
- Recipient will be asked to create one ceramic tile (4 inches by 4 inches) or another specified project to be added to an area designated to recognize the Carolyn Parker Pottery Scholarship recipients.
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- $250 Fall and $250 Spring
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 07-Richland Campus, 21-International /DACA, Art