Blanquieta Hogue Downs Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The Blanquieta Hogue Downs Memorial Endowed Scholarship was set up to honor the life, accomplishments and values of Blanquieta Downs through an annual outstanding student scholarship for female returning students at the Brookhaven Campus. The scholarship recognizes Blanquieta’s own journey as a successful returning student whose goals of completing a college education and becoming a staff member of a community college counseling program were realized before her untimely passing in 1993. This legacy continues her work with returning adults, providing support and encouragement through this memorial scholarship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Must be a student attending the Brookhaven Campus during the period of the award.
- Scholarship is open to everyone that meets the criteria; however, preference will be given to female applicants so long as such preference does not significantly detract from Dallas College’s nondiscriminatory policies.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award.
To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.
This scholarship renews for the spring semester. To receive the spring portion, the recipient must maintain the above requirements. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- $250 Fall and $250 Spring
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 01-Brookhaven Campus, 20-General