Living for Zachary Cardiac Sonography Scholarship
Living for Zachary’s mission is to raise awareness and prevent sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) in youth. The organization was founded in honor of Zachary Schrah, who was only 16 years old when he collapsed without warning during a high school football practice in Plano on April 2, 2009. After Zachary’s death, his mother Karen founded Living for Zachary, a 501©(3) non-profit organization, in June 2009.
Since its inception, Living for Zachary has impacted thousands of families and children across Texas through youth heart screenings, AED donations, CPR/AED certification classes, scholarships, and awareness events.
This scholarship has been created to promote community education and awareness of undiagnosed heart issues in youth by providing a scholarship to students in the cardiac sonography program.
- Must be accepted into the Cardiac Sonography Program (adult or pedi)
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be enrolled in 6 or more credit hours each semester
- Essay required
- Recipients must volunteer with Living for Zachary one time per semester.
- Volunteer opportunities can be found at https://www.livingforzachary.org/volunteers/
- Recipients must participate in weekend preceptor hours with Living for Zachary