Computer Science as a Career (CSAC) Scholarship Program
Computer Science As Career (CSAC) Scholars Program was created to enhance computing experiences and pathways for academically talented students with demonstrated financial need.
• Intention to or interest to study and pursue a career in Computer Science
• Minimum GPA 2.8
• Must complete the essay questions on the general application
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
• Must meet federal guidelines for financial need. Applicants must complete the FAFSA
• The scholarship is open to everyone, however, preference will be given to underrepresented minorities or women applicants so long as such preference does not significantly detract from Dallas College’s nondiscriminatory policies
- Must complete the supplemental questions below
• Recipient must participate in CSAC Scholar Program activities
• The recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the scholarship for subsequent semesters. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits
- Up to $7,700 per academic year for two years
- 08-Dallas College (Every campus), Computer Science
- Supplemental Questions
- Are your interested in Computer Science as a field of study or majoring in Computer Science? Please explain.
- Are you interested in earning an Associate of Science or AS in Computer Science from Dallas College? Please explain.
- Are you interested in a career in Computer Science or a Computer Science-related field? Please explain.
- What important characteristic skills would you like to learn by participating in this scholarship program? Please explain.
- Are you interested in transferring to a 4-year institution to pursuit a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information System? Please explain.