Myers-LeCroy Scholars Endowed Scholarship
The Myers-LeCroy Scholars Endowed Scholarship was established in 1988 by Dallas College Foundation Board Member Mike A. Myers to recognize the late Dr. R. Jan LeCroy, former Chancellor of Dallas College from 1981 to 1988, for his exemplary leadership in education and in the community. Outstanding leadership and academics are two of the hallmarks of Dr. LeCroy’s tenure and are the main requirements of the Myers-LeCroy Scholars Program. Nancy LeCroy and Mike Myers are mentors to the Myers-LeCroy Scholars. The Myers-LeCroy Scholars Endowed Scholarship will fund tuition and books for 6 consecutive semesters.
Recipients of the Myers-LeCroy Scholars Endowed Scholarship are also eligible to continue their college education beyond the 6 semesters at Dallas College. Visit https://foundation.dallascollege.edu/myers-lecroy-scholarship for details.
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or B average.
- Must have completed less than 30 hours prior to the period of the award
- Must exemplify outstanding leadership demonstrated by involvement in academic, church and /or community-based activities
- Must answer the following supplemental questions as follows:
Why do you want to be a Myers-LeCroy Scholar?
Describe why you want to be a Myers-LeCroy Scholar; include your leadership and academic qualifications and state why you are applying for this scholarship.
What are your academic and career goals? Explain in detail.
Describe in detail, three (3) important leadership accomplishments.
Describe in detail, three (3) honors that reflect outstanding academic achievement. Include the name of the honor, when received and why you received this honor.
- Scholarship is open to all students, however, preference will be given to graduating high school seniors who are US citizens or Dallas College students who are US citizens so long as such preference does not significantly detract from the Dallas College’s nondiscriminatory policies.
- Applicant may be asked to participate in a face-to-face interview with the selection committee
This scholarship is awarded for up to six (6) consecutive semesters if requirements for each semester is met. Semesters for the Myers-LeCroy Scholarship are counted as:
- fall = one semester
- winter/spring = one semester
- May/summer I and II = one semester.
Must earn a total of 12 hours and have a 3.0 or higher for fall and then spring semester to meet requirements.
To receive the subsequent semester awards, you must maintain the scholarship requirements each semester.